DEVICES and SYSTEMS for REGRANULATION of WASTE EXPANDED POLYSTYRENE (EPS, styropor) - STYRO-CUT®
EPS is a solid plastic material with a low mass and good mechanical properties. In a 1 m3 block of EPS there are 3 to 6 million of closed cells that contain approximately 98 per cent of air, which makes EPS a remarkably good insulator.
In our company we have developed devices for the processing of minor quantities as well as systems for mass processing of waste EPS. The main aim of recycling by means of the mentioned devices is the preservation of energy, work and materials which have already been invested in the products, or in other words the preservation of an uncontaminated form of granulate or slightly contaminated expanded form of granulate.
Such granulate can be used:
- In the uncontaminated form in the production of new EPS products, or in the furniture industry, where it is used as a filler (uncontaminated form).
- In slightly contaminated form in the production of less demanding insulation products (facades) or in the production of concrete with a decreased specific mass in the construction industry.
Some of the benefits:
- STYRO-CUT 350 is a device for crushing (regranulation) of styropor (EPS).
- The device automatically sucks fragments of packaging.
- In one working step the material is crushed, regranulated and transported to bags or silos.
- 70 to 80 per cent reduction of storage space and therefore the reduction of storage and transport costs.
- Uncontaminated EPS granulate can be used in the production of new EPS products, as a filler in the furniture industry or in soil tillage in agriculture.
- Slightly contaminated EPS granulate can be used in the production of facades or lightweight concrete structures in the construction industry.